http://lonepinefruit.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/cherry-tea.jpg 750 1000 lonepine http://lonepinefruit.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/logo-blk.png lonepine2017-06-23 22:34:522018-04-27 04:02:50Cherry Basil Hibiscus Tea
- Category: recipes
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cup honey, or more to taste
- Heaping 1/2 cup of dried hibiscus leaves
- 16 ounces frozen dark cherries, defrosted
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2-3 limes
- Fresh cherries, pitted, for garnish (optional)
- Place the defrosted cherries in a bowl and give them a gentle squeeze with your hands, or the back of a spoon, to release some of their juice. Set aside.
- Combine water and honey in a large sauce pan, bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling put in the hibiscus leaves, cherries with their juice, and basil leaves. Stir to combine and make sure everything is submerged in the liquid. Remove pan from the heat and let mixture steep for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the limes; juice 1 lime into a small bowl, and slice the other limes for garnish and set aside.
- Strain the tea into a pitcher or container, discarding solids, stir in the lime juice and let cool before adding ice (the tea can also be refrigerated at this point until you are ready to serve it).
- To serve add ice, sliced limes, fresh pitted cherries, if using, and a few springs of basil.